At ThoughtWare we pride ourselves on our reality and reason based philosophical approach to business and life.
We seek to continue to deliver exceptional technologies that help our clients with their pain points, and to do so by working within our values.
- Reality: What is, is, and there is nothing else. Quality decisions need true understanding of the facts, not wishful thinking.
- Reason: Deriving rational principles from specific examples (induction) and applying good principles to specific goals (deduction).
- Honesty: Consistency with reality in word and deed.
- Integrity: Consistency with principles based on reason and reality.
- Justice: Treating people fairly; we do not discriminate based on nonessentials such as race or sex, but we do discriminate based on character and performance.
- Independence: Each of us is responsible for our own success or failure, by the use of our individual mind.
- Productiveness: Commitment to getting the job done well, on time and within budget, via rational processes.
- Pride and Self-Esteem: We perform our work in a way such that we can be justly proud of what we achieve. We seek excellence in what we do because nothing less will do.
- Trade: We promote value for value interactions both within the teams we manage and with customers, as only when everyone is treated fairly and with respect can effective teamwork and outcomes result.
“Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.” — Aristotle
Our company banner details our underlying philosophy and values.
Interested? Learn more via our Director Dr Robin Craig’s philosophical website.